HERITAGE CONSULTANCY, INTERPRETATION
AND RESEARCH SERVICES
30 years experience in Heritage Resource Management encompassing Heritage Conservation and Presentation in Museum and related environments, Ancient Monument and Historic Site Interpretation, as well as both Public and Private sector Archaeology performing the respective roles of Planning, Contracting and Consultant Archaeologist.
- Consultancy Services for Developers, Architects and Civil/Structural Engineers, with Particular Expertise in Complex Urban Archaeology, Including: Pre-Planning Advice, Expert Witness Testimony, Formulation of Mitigation Strategies, Drafting of Legal Agreements, Project and Contract Management, Handling of Publicity and Public Relations, Preparation of Popular Accounts of Discoveries.
- Archaeological and Historical Research.
- Heritage Audits to Reveal Scale and Nature of Archaeological/Historical Resource.
- Formulation of Strategy Plans for Heritage Management & Presentation to Determine Preservation and Conservation Priorities as well as Educational/Tourism Opportunities.
- Design & Preparation of Interpretation Panels, Leaflets and Guides.
- Preparation of Publishable Archaeological Reports.
- Preparation of Research Designs and Project Briefs/Specifications.
- Particular Expertise in Roman Archaeology and Architecture.
- Theoretical Reconstruction of Ancient Buildings with the option of computer-generated Virtual Reality simulations - see The Chester Project and the Roman Elliptical Building in Chester.
- Historic Building Analysis and Recording.
David J P Mason BA PhD FSA MIFA